Monday, June 30, 2008

Old Friends

I've shifted my life around a few times. Sometimes purposefully, and other times seemingly via an uncontrollable sequence of events that may or may not have originated with sommat that I'd instigated. One thing that for certain has happened is that I've made new friends, alienated some others and mis-placed more than a few that I'd like to see.

In this big world getting smaller, the fucking internet is generally the way to find them. And I have located a few. Unfortunately, some of them participate in MySpace or some other "social networking" cult schema that I refuse to accomodate. Just send me a goddamn email, OK?

I still see most of my college buddies every now and again. We get together when my schedule doesn't interfere. One guy I do miss is Andy Bailey. Add Tom, Stephen and myself to the mix and you get the nightmare of any CS professor at Marshall University. Frontier software design at your service. Now, a couple of those guys just kept getting smarter while I veered away from systems and software engineering. My own choice, I assure you. I'm just tired of IT.

I'd like to arrange some kind of big reunion, but some of the away people have families and real lives. It's hard to plan something of that nature out. Ah, I can just remember, I suppose.

Be seeing you.

No comments: