Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Sutcliffe Jügend - Pigdaddy

It arrived yesterday. I've listened to it twice and put it on my iPod for today. Sounds like business as usual to me and I think that I prefer The Fall Of Nature. Some good news is that it looks like the entire We Spit On Their Graves is going to be re-mastered for inclusion in the box set. I'm eagerly awaiting that. Thus, the mighty SJ trudge ever on... I'll update once I've listened to Pigdaddy a few more times.

In my opinion, Pigdaddy is not as good as The Fall Of Nature. The lyrical content is as mindbending as SJ promised, but the delivery lacks in some places and at times it just feels as if they're going through the motions. I would recommend the excellent This Is The Truth over Pigdaddy. It is not, however, without some very good moments. The tracks "Filth" and "Nonce" are definitely standouts, followed closely by the low-end rumble of "Insult". Worst moment on the album for me was certainly the disjointed "Dirty".

Today was not a total loss: a good friend gifted me with an original Ibanez Tube Screamer in very nice shape. 

Be seeing you.

No comments: