Friday, May 2, 2008

New Gear!

Having lost the girl, I decided to sink some money into some new gear. Everything has finally arrived and here are some of my initial impressions.


First we have the original Ibanez Tube Screamer. Just one of the best boost/overdrives ever made. Given to me by a close friend who bought some kind of modelling multi-effect. I don't really have much to say about this that most everyone doesn't already know. Simple and great.




Next we have the passive feedback loop controller built by Daryl Groetsch of Pulse Emitter fame. Good to have one with both volume and feedback controls. Bypass and kill switches are nice additions, too. The plans are on the synthnoise.com website, but I was too lazy to build one. Otherwise, you know what this does. Build quality is great, too.



A Monotonic Labs Type U73 synthbox. I bought this barely used off eBay. It's in great shape and is a lot of fun, especially if the input jack is utilised. Build quality is stupendous and one can get quite a range of sounds out of it. I'm still experimenting.





A Trogotronic 655. This thing is just amazing. My one-word review is "DAMN". It makes the most gut-churning array of sickening sounds that I think I've ever heard. I bought this direct from Trogotronic. Build quality is amazing and the unit is even serialised to me (my name is on a little sticker on the inside of the box). I'm definitely going to be a repeat customer. The only other thing I own that can compare is Sirkut's Synth Noise Box. Really, get one of these.

Be seeing you.

2 comments:

Burek said...

Aaaaaaah so jealous of your new gear! :P

One day I'll build an pedal so huge that it will need 240V batteries and it shall have just one small button in the middle and upon turning on the pedal the whole world will stand amazed by its awesome sound which no other pedal can make and I will be written in history. xD

Anyway! :D I added your blog to our TNA link list. You should have let me know that you opened an blog I would add you sooner. Looking forward in reading your future posts!

latchu kannan said...

It is really an awesome information and it is just mind blowing.

AngularJS training in chennai | AngularJS training in anna nagar | AngularJS training in omr | AngularJS training in porur | AngularJS training in tambaram | AngularJS training in velachery